When we are thirsty, most of prefer carbonated drinks as packaged fruit juices to plain water. Water is best thing to quench our thirst and at the same time beneficial to our body. Yet many of us consider simple water as boring. And due to this notion products like Vitamin Water, which is nothing but bottled water with color, flavor and vitamins as additives, are finding a place in the beverages market. So if you are one of those people, who would prefer water to other beverages if water tastes more exciting, then we have tips to make your regular drinking water more flavorful.
There are several ways to make water tastes tastier and refreshing. Here are a few natural ways to do so:
1. Salt: Adding a pinch of salt to your glass of water adds both taste and electrolytes to it. It also helps the body in absorbing the water fast. Please use only a pinch for the flavor and do not go overboard.
2. Berries: You can mash berries like raspberries and blueberries at the bottom of the glass and add still or sparkling water. You get both nutrition and taste.
3. Fresh Fruits: Take a large jug filled with water and add slices of fresh fruits, like orange, lemon, melon and berries. Refrigerate the water overnight and enjoy it the next day. Apart from tasting good, fruits contain vitamins and antioxidants which are extremely good for your health.
4. Cucumber, Pineapple and Citrus fruits:You can soak either slices of cucumber, chunks of pineapple or slices of lemon and lime to water for a couple of hours before consumption. You water is now filled with vitamins and flavors.
5. Herbs:Crushed or minced herbs like fresh mint or lemongrass add loads of aroma to your regular water.
6. Ginger: If you are fan of spices, ginger is a good additive. In case you are suffering from a cold or sinus problem, drinking warm water with crushed ginger can work wonders.
7. Vegetables:When you boil vegetables like cauliflower,french beans and carrots, do not throw away the water. Retain the water and refrigerate it overnight and have nutritious drink packed with vitamins.
8. Flavored ice-cubes:Use your flavor creativity with ice. Make different flavored ice cubes with any of the ingredients mentioned above or your own creativity. Simple add the ice-cubes to your glass of plain water and enjoy.
9. Sparkling Water:You can add sparkling water to your glass of regular water to make it bubbly. You can also add any of the ingredients mentioned above to make it more exciting.
The tips we have mentioned is just the idea. You can mix and match any of the additives to plain water, sparkling or soda water and get yourself a refreshing drink. Additives like sugar-free fruit mixes, rose water or artificial sweeteners can also be used. Such creative beverage is a very creative and new item to serve your guests. So do you still think that water is boring?
Labels: #Published, e-magazines, Food, health